Johannes Burström - Timmer
TIMMER is seven double bass recordings, where phrases, onsets, and interstices has been collected, cut up, shuffled by design and by chance, dressed in new timbres and regenerated in 65536 unique versions.
TIMMER is a chance-operated playback machine written in SuperCollider. The scores build upon the motifs and structures of the original improvisations, by highlighting and distorting timbres and temporality. The bass is prepared with objects and custom feedback-based electronics, which creates a hybrid instrument, effectively blurring the line between the acoustic and the digital.
TIMMER is also another word for wood, especially when regarded as a construction material.
- Bass, Handclap, Synthesizer
- Cheek to Cheek
- Gray on Gray
- Alternate Take
- Room Modes
- Out of Band
- Bass, Handclaps, Synthesizer: Johannes Burström
- Mastered by Daniel M Karlsson
- Mixed and post-processed by Johannes Burström
- Artwork by Ludwig Haslberger
- With support from Kulturbryggan
BP025 © BoogiePost Recordings 2017